Expressions of Interest are now open for the new Central Goldfields Shire Council Walking and Cycling Advisory Group.
The board is looking for six local walking and cycling enthusiasts to work with the board, government and officers from major organizations to advise the board on the implementation and recommendations of the walking and cycling strategy. by Central Goldfields Shire 2017-2026.
Some of the main axes of the group will be:
- Promote positive health and well-being
- Various transport options
- Building on the results of the Walking and Cycling Strategy
- Provide strategic advice to Council on issues and opportunities related to walking and cycling
- Facilitate and further develop the existing possibilities for walking and cycling in the County
- Improvement of infrastructure for existing tracks, trails and trails
- Explore the potential of a commercial operator to develop tourism businesses on foot and by bicycle
Central Goldfields Shire Maryborough Ward Councilor and Walking and Cycling Advisory Group Chair Grace La Vella said any resident with expertise and passion for walking or cycling is encouraged to submit an expression of interest .
“Our County has many residents who are avid walkers and cyclists and I really encourage them to raise their hands to be part of this new and exciting walking and cycling advisory group. Ideally, we are looking for a mix of ages, gender identities, abilities, knowledge and experience.
“Our County is renowned for its various cycling and walking paths, it is our opportunity to improve the existing network and to develop the cycling and walking paths so that they are more user-friendly and accessible to residents and visitors.”